We Are Hiring: Control Systems Engineer
Control Systems Engineer
Electrical Engineering Supervisor
Engineering Technology Corporation, Salt Lake City, UT
About Engineering Technology Corporation
A Member of Zoltek® & Toray Group
Engineering Technology Corporation is a global expert in filament winding, composite solutions, and a complete service provider for the filament winding industry. The company was established in 1962 in Salt Lake City, Utah (USA), and has more than 50 years of trusted service. In addition to filament winding machinery and production lines, they provide retrofits, automation, design & analysis services, prototyping, and robust software for filament winding – FiberGrafiX®.
Commitment to customer satisfaction, long-term partnerships, and the best outcome for each filament winding project are goals the company strives to achieve.
To learn more about Engineering Technology Corporation, please visit www.etcwinders.com or follow the company’s profile on LinkedIn.
Job Summary: Control Systems Engineers design and develop control systems that satisfy customer requirements for machine control, performance, safety, and quality while adhering to applicable standards such as UL, CE, and others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend project kickoff meetings and design reviews as directed by project managers
- Responsible for the design and engineering of machines and systems based on customer specifications
- Ensure that machine safety standards are followed and that electromechanical systems are designed in a manner that is safe to operators
- Maintain a record of engineering data and machine files all projects
- Ensure that machine standards (i.e. CE, UL, OSHA, NFPA, etc.) are followed
- Create or participate in the creation of the machine manuals as directed by project manager
- Communicate needs, results, scheduling, and budgetary issues to project manager
- Play an active role in debugging and commissioning of machines as needed
- Work closely with service personnel to troubleshoot machines and become familiar with new issues
- Play an active role in the ongoing improvement of electromechanical systems design and development
- Travel to customer site and assist with installation and training
- Assist with customer support and service requests
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (or allied field)
- 1-2 years’ experience with manufacturing processes, equipment, and machinery (composites manufacturing a plus)
- 2+ years designing electrical control systems
- 2+ years experience working with servo motors
- 2+ years PLC programming experience (Siemens, Allen Bradley, etc.)
- Experience with CNC controls and G-code a plus
- 2+ years traditional programming experience (C, C++, etc.)
- Experience with AutoCAD or Solidworks electrical a plus
- Experience with machine safety interlocks, fences, light curtains, etc.
- Experience with power distribution and power quality (harmonics & noise)
- Experience with control sensors: optical, inductive, capacitive, mechanical, etc.
- Solid problem solving and communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to conceptualize solutions to complicated problems
- Experience with or formal training with concurrent engineering or phased development process
- Up to 25% travel to customer sites for installation, debug, service, and training
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook, etc.)
- Office Environment.
- Manufacturing environment which contains noise, moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles.
- Intermittent physical activity including bending, reaching, and prolonged periods of sitting.
- Employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- handling chemicals according to the safety data sheets available at the workplace;
- selective collection of hazardous and non-hazardous waste at work;
- compliance with occupational health and safety management standards; and if necessary, make colleagues and subcontractors to comply with OHSA standards;
- report non-compliance connected with environmental protection, occupational health and safety to your direct supervisor;
- contribute to the improvement of the efficiency of the environmental management and occupational health and safety management.
Zoltek is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status.