We Are Hiring: Machine Design Mechanical Engineer (Level 2)
|Machine Design Mechanical Engineer (Level 2)|
Engineering Technology Corporation, Salt Lake City, UT
About Engineering Technology Corporation
A Member of Zoltek® & Toray Group
Engineering Technology Corporation is a global expert in filament winding, composite solutions, and a complete service provider for the filament winding industry. The company was established in 1962 in Salt Lake City, Utah (USA), and has more than 50 years of trusted service. In addition to filament winding machinery and production lines, they provide retrofits, automation, design & analysis services, prototyping, and robust software for filament winding – FiberGrafiX®.
Commitment to customer satisfaction, long-term partnerships, and the best outcome for each filament winding project are goals the company strives to achieve.
To learn more about Engineering Technology Corporation, please visit www.etcwinders.com or follow the company’s profile on LinkedIn.
Job Summary: Design and develop mechanical equipment that satisfies requirements regarding process performance, safety, quality, and applicable standards such as CE, etc. Work under the direction of the Engineering Supervisor to meet budgetary goals and delivery schedules with a focus on project management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, engineer, and modify new or existing mechanical designs to meet design requirements.
- Responsible for the 3D modeling and issuance of prints for responsible projects
- Researches components, services, and processes to determine the best fit for a given application.
- Actively participate in design review process
- Responsible for machine safety. Make sure that applicable standards are followed and that electromechanical systems are designed in a manner that is generally safe to operators
- Maintain a record of engineering data for each job/machine/project to be coordinated with project managers overall job file
- Ensure that any customer specific requirements are met
- Design experiments, conduct, collect and analyze data and communicate results to the team as required during new process development stages
- Travel to customer sites for installation, training and debugging on an as-needed basis
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (or allied field)
- 3 – 5 years experience with machine design and fabrication techniques
- 3 – 5 years experience in a manufacturing / machining / production setting
- 3 years solid modeling experience (preferably SolidWorks)
- 1 year experience with composites manufacturing processes, equipment and machinery
- Must have solid problem solving and communication skills (oral and written)
- Must be able to conceptualize solutions to complicated problems
- Must have thorough knowledge of drafting techniques, procedures and guidelines
- Must have experience with lean manufacturing techniques as related to machine tool design
- Must have experience with Design for Assembly (DFA) and Design for Manufacture (DFM)
- Experience with machine shop practices
- Experience with or formal training with concurrent engineering or phased development process
- Experience or training with GD&T
- Office Environment.
- Manufacturing environment which contains noise, moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles.
- Intermittent physical activity including bending, reaching, and prolonged periods of sitting.
- Employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- handling chemicals according to the safety data sheets available at the workplace;
- selective collection of hazardous and non-hazardous waste at work;
- compliance with occupational health and safety management standards; and if necessary, make colleagues and subcontractors to comply with OHSA standards;
- report non-compliance connected with environmental protection, occupational health and safety to your direct supervisor;
- contribute to the improvement of the efficiency of the environmental management and occupational health and safety management.
Zoltek is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status.